Using the moneysheets

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
TreverT

Using the moneysheets

Post by TreverT »

OK, I have covered the meat of the database pages. There is still the graphing page but I'll hit that later. I thought it would be worth a post just to describe the process of using the pages so far in action. We're two weeks into June now. I hope you started off June like so:

Create a June entry box on the Income page.
Create a June entry box on the Expenses page. Fill out all the base bills that are always the same. Include portions to set aside for large, regularly-occurring bills - If you have a $600 car insurance bill once per year, take out $50 in expenses every month for it so it won't be an unpleasant surprise when it comes.

On the Weekly Targets page, figure up what you would like to produce in June.... produce, not sell (Obviously we all hope we'll sell everything we produce, but it doesn't always work out that way so you need to focus on producing MORE than you need to pay your bills) I try and work a 2/3 rule - That is, I aim to produce at least one third more $$ value in pipes than I actually need to cover expenses. If you need $2K to cover your monthly bills, make your monthly target $3K.

You sell a pipe. Put it on the Income page, deduct a materials cost from it,and remove it from the Unsold Inventory box.
Repeat with each sale.

Your Weekly Targets page will tell you how much you need to produce each week. As you make pipes, enter them in the Unsold Inventory box and enter their prices in this week's production total box.

This will keep you up to date on whether you're meeting the production goals you need to hit.

At the end of the week, paste that week's production total up in "Week 1", clear the weekly total numbers, and deduct a week from the "Weeks Remaining" field. You'll see your new production goal for the coming week.

Simple!
Happy Smoking,
Trever Talbert
www.talbertpipes.com

My Pipe Blog:
https://talbertpipes.com/category/pipeblog/

My Lizards & Pipes Web Comic:
https://talbertpipes.com/category/lizards/
Nick

Post by Nick »

Tool cool bud!