a not so new guy

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
larrysson

a not so new guy

Post by larrysson »

Hello all,

My name is Paul Hubartt. I am the maker of Larrysson Pipes. I have been around for almost six years now. I live in Cornwall, England. I have visited this site from the beginning, and have gained a wealth of information. Thanks to all, and especially to Trevor, for all the help over the years, both on the forum and privately.

I have been a sideliner for a long time, waiting until my pipes no longer had the "new carver" look. I know that is a bit proud, on the other hand I have not been in a hurry to promote my pipes before the right time. One has to pay their dues first. I do like to maintain the attitude of a student, knowing that I have much to learn, and eager to hear different viewpoints. Through the persuasion of Mike Glunker, I believe my work is now ready to introduce to the community. I realize this will be hard because Larrysson is not exactly a household name.

I own a heating business in Cornwall, and that keeps me very busy during the winter months. The summer months are much slower, and I find more time to work in the shop. I should be able to devote half my working year to pipes in 2008.

For those interested in seeing a few examples of my work, it can be found at www.tsptc.org/unfinished.htm I did not come here to boast though, but to say hello, and that I would like to come out of my shell a bit and participate on this forum.

Regards,

Paul
pierredekat

Post by pierredekat »

Welcome to the Pipemakers' Forum, Paul. This is a great place, and I'm glad you were able to find us.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Hello & welcome Paul. It's nice to see a custom pipemaker from Britain, there seem to be all too few these days.
I've posted your name on Pipedia under the Brits: http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Main ... at_Britain. I hope to be able to flesh it out with your bio info in the near future.
I wish you all the best in your pipemaking.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Welcome Paul!
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
Nick

Post by Nick »

Heya Paul!

That's a great attitude you have. I keep telling folks who ask that when I retire from my day job (17 years or so) that I'll probably be good enough to sell my work. Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much, in my estimation.