Question for Todd

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
pipeyeti

Question for Todd

Post by pipeyeti »

After reading your last blog entry, I am courious as to who in your opinion has the "chops". Who would you consider the top 5 pipe makers in the US? Just your personal opinion. You don't have to justify your answers, as I only want your opinion. I think it would be useful as to who's work I should be looking at. My personal likes or dislikes tends to influence my work and I am courious if there are others I should be looking at for inspiration and how things should be done. I deffinately agree that the market is not neccisarily a good indicator of who is good. God knows some of the fugliest shit that I have made, has sold. One of the most popular makers in the country, in my opinion makes big clunky looking pipes yet has a waiting list that is years long. Thanks in advance. I truly enjoy your blog entries.

Larry
ToddJohnson

Re: Question for Todd

Post by ToddJohnson »

pipeyeti wrote:After reading your last blog entry, I am courious as to who in your opinion has the "chops". Who would you consider the top 5 pipe makers in the US? Just your personal opinion. You don't have to justify your answers, as I only want your opinion. I think it would be useful as to who's work I should be looking at. My personal likes or dislikes tends to influence my work and I am courious if there are others I should be looking at for inspiration and how things should be done. I deffinately agree that the market is not neccisarily a good indicator of who is good. God knows some of the fugliest shit that I have made, has sold. One of the most popular makers in the country, in my opinion makes big clunky looking pipes yet has a waiting list that is years long. Thanks in advance. I truly enjoy your blog entries.

Larry
Not with a ten foot pole, Larry. The next time you get in a room with five or six pipemakers, bring a bottle of scotch and you'll probably get an answer to your question. :D I mean, I can tell you that I think Jeff and Rad's pipes are worthless, but that's all I'll say. Anything else might be controversial instead of objectively, observably, factually obvious.

Todd
pipeyeti

Post by pipeyeti »

I had a feeling thats the response I would get. :D I have been in the room with many pipe makers and was just courious as to your picks. If its possable to get a private reply. please email me at Larry@tamperworks.com
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

Not without the Scotch. :D

Todd
pipeyeti

Post by pipeyeti »

LOL, I'll have some scotch at the Chicago show.