Hello from Iowa

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Phil

Hello from Iowa

Post by Phil »

Gentlemen and Ladies, if there are any on this site; I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Phil and I hail from the Midwest, Iowa to exact. I’ve been into pipes basically my whole life, seeing how I was enamored with my uncle’s pipes as a kid.

I started smoking pipes in 1997 but it has been on again/off again until recently.

The reason that I’m here is I have lots of spare time on my hands and have wanted a few pipes that I can’t seem to afford.

I “acquired” a Ropp on eBay a few weeks ago and sent it to a friend to have a new stem made for it. Of course this is cherry wood, but I have several Apple trees at my house that will soon have to come down, I’ve been scoping out the branches and several of them look like they have some pipe potential.

I’m new at pipe making and would like any input you can give me on my “first” go. My tools are limited, crescent wrench, pocket knife, socket set and bench grinder... Just joking...

I really don’t have the money to invest in tools at this point but would like to try my hand as a beginner.

Your help and knowledge is welcome...
Nick

Re: Hello from Iowa

Post by Nick »

Heya Phil!
Phil

Post by Phil »

Nick, thanks for welcoming me...
Uncle Arthur

Post by Uncle Arthur »