Bandsaw Guides

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
FredS

Bandsaw Guides

Post by FredS »

I inherited a Chinese bandsaw a few weeks ago. I finally got around to tuning it up last night and found that the upper blade guides are missing. A little online searching leads me to believe that, although mine is branded IMS, all the imports are pretty much the same. I found a manual for a Harbor Frieight 14" bandsaw and it looks identical. I called HF and found that the guides are cheap ($1 each), but not in stock. They'd be happy to send them to me in 12~14 weeks.

Does anyone have a source for these guides? I have the holder and the roller guide behind the blade, I just need the little sqaure ones that guide the sides. Either steel or composite will work.

TIA
"Cut your own wood and you warm yourself twice." - Henry Ford
Sasquatch

Re: Bandsaw Guides

Post by Sasquatch »

ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Also look at Grizzly. They seem to have one of everything. Maybe they've got a similar saw.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
CedarSlayer

Post by CedarSlayer »

If you use a bandsaw or need bandsaw parts, then you need to contact Iturra Design. Seriously.

Iturra Design
1-866-883-8064
KALLL@comcast.net

No website, but the catalog is the definitive manual for adjustment, repair, tuning and using a bandsaw. Call them while you are in front of your bandsaw, order a catalog before you buy factory parts, you may be able to do much better than factory.

Bob
I would rather look stupid today, than be stupid tomorrow.

http://toolmakingart.com/