To The Pro's

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
FoxGuy

To The Pro's

Post by FoxGuy »

I am by all means a newbie to pipemaking and to PMF but I have read alot of comments that people are unhappy with some of your many comments about thier pipes. But you are the Pro's,Teachers,Professers...etc my comment to you is you have answered alot of my questions and helped "me" my pipe making only is able t ohappen in the fall and winter months so I will never be a pro or as good as some but for what it is worth to you

THANK YOU !!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:
Listen.... you can't live long enough to make all your own mistakes !
Charles E. Davis
TreverT

Re: To The Pro's

Post by TreverT »

I divide what few critical comments I make here into two camps - Comments for the guys who are just fooling around with pipemaking as a side hobby, and comments for guys who seriously want to start selling pipes. The first group just get, "Attaboys" because, really, some guy that's just having fun in his basement shop on alternate Sunday afternoons doesn't deserve to get cut off at the knees any more than all the little old church ladies selling their godawful crochet and watercolor crafts at the local yard sales. Wit the second group, I am considerably more critical, but anyone who seriously intends to try getting 300 bucks for his pipe NEEDS to A) hear more constructive criticism, and B) have enough backbone to accept it. So really, my comments are tuned to the desires of the carver.
Happy Smoking,
Trever Talbert
www.talbertpipes.com

My Pipe Blog:
https://talbertpipes.com/category/pipeblog/

My Lizards & Pipes Web Comic:
https://talbertpipes.com/category/lizards/
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Post by baweaverpipes »

For much of lots of pipe makers, the winter falling months would be a time of creativity in the summer. It has been good, if not bad, for much of my questions to have been answered in not a way. It has been a help of a little, not much. I have been happily not pleased with the "Professers" comments with my pipes, but hope to be, or what it is worth to you, a good pro, as good as some pro's.
NathanA
Site Supporter

Post by NathanA »

baweaverpipes wrote:For much of lots of pipe makers, the winter falling months would be a time of creativity in the summer. It has been good, if not bad, for much of my questions to have been answered in not a way. It has been a help of a little, not much. I have been happily not pleased with the "Professers" comments with my pipes, but hope to be, or what it is worth to you, a good pro, as good as some pro's.
Forget pipemaking, Bruce. Your true gift lies in grammar. :lol:
Without Wax (Sincerely),
Nathan
www.armentroutpipes.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

I don't think anyone is unhappy with the comments in the gallery, to be honest. I think there's two separate issues: 1, every newbie wants 2 hours from each master in detailed discussion about their first pipe, ugly piece of trash that it naturally is. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. 2, pipemakers are douchebags and beat up on each other a little bit, and bit the hell out of people who come around here with a "knowitall" attitude. AIN'T GONNA CHANGE.

There are very few "disrespectful" comments in the gallery. There are a few zen-like moments, but most of the commentary is respectful, but not necessarily praiseful gushing, hmm?

You get what you put in around here. The answer is almost always "go make another pipe and this time focus on X". Coming in here with a few "Look what I made in my basement" sorta pipes and expecting to be, well, even noticed, is wrong. Hell, it's been a coupla years for me and no one's noticed yet. :D
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!