Billard

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
archaggelosmichail

Billard

Post by archaggelosmichail »

That was my billard contest entry, now that the contest is over I would like to see your critic on this one. :)
Briar, palisander and white acrylic.

Ocelot55

Re: Billard

Post by Ocelot55 »

Wow, that is looking very sharp! I really like that pipe. It's the epitome of a good billiard.

My only comment is that I'm not too fond of the shank extension. Just an aesthetic judgement, but it seems to look out of place on a very lightly coloured pipe such as this. I think a silver or nickle band would have looked much better. Once again, just my opinion, not really critique. Obviously you're quite capable of making a better pipe than I am. :mrgreen:
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

That looks like a pretty nice billiard to me!

I agree with Ocelot on the shank extension. Also, the taper on the stem appears to be rounded instead of a hard line from the shank/stem junction to the bit. Is that an optical illusion?
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
taharris

Post by taharris »

That is a sharp looking Billiard. Nicely done.

My only comment would be that the bottom half of the bowl could be a little more spherical in shape to give it the cheeks with no chin look.

By the way, I personally like the contrast of the shank extension material. What is it?

Todd
archaggelosmichail

Post by archaggelosmichail »

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them.

The shank extension is Palisander wood, smell like cinnamon when it's burned and have a really nice dark brown-purple colour.
Tommi

Post by Tommi »

Hi,
that looks good to me, well done.
Greetings Tommi
my English is bad