New pics of my billiard contest entry

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
oklahoma red

New pics of my billiard contest entry

Post by oklahoma red »

After Ernie announced the results of his billiard contest there were some that wanted to see additional pics of the entries. I experienced a "MicroSoft Moment" and lost the originals that I submitted. Not too long after I submitted I decided it was time for an update in the camera and lighting department. I popped for a Pentax K5, 100mm macro lens and a pair of AlienBees B800 320 watt/sec strobes. Today I finally got the time to rig it all up and do some playing this afternoon.
Before anyone pipes up, the bottom of the pipe is as flat as piss on a plate from the bottom of the bowl to the shank/stem juncture. The pics make it look arced for some reason.
The briar had too many pits so I had to blast. The stem is one of my first ebonites that turned out halfway decent. I'm still fighting the SOBs. Much sweat was let hand jiving a "funnel" from the slot to the airway.
The finish is Behlen Solar-Lux black with a thin coat of shellac. I put on a coat of Renaissance wax and buffed it with a small shoe brush.
Again, mucho grass to Ernie for putting on this learning experience.
Comments are welcome.
Chas.

JMG

Re: New pics of my billiard contest entry

Post by JMG »

That's hella nice.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
andrew

Re: New pics of my billiard contest entry

Post by andrew »

That is one clean pipe. I like it. It looks like a perfect gentleman.