Small Bent Rusticated

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Growley

Small Bent Rusticated

Post by Growley »

I just finished up this rusticated bent. I guess there's not much to say about it, so on with the pics.

Thanks for looking!

Brian.
Ocelot55

Re: Small Bent Rusticated

Post by Ocelot55 »

I like this one. I might also add that IMHO this rustication was better than your last, though as I recall the jury was split on that one.

Great job. Maybe you should make a large pipe one day. :lol:
JMG

Post by JMG »

This is right up my alley. I think some might say something about it looking like there is a small reverse taper...but I like it if that's so.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
Growley

Post by Growley »

Ocelot55 wrote:I like this one. I might also add that IMHO this rustication was better than your last, though as I recall the jury was split on that one.

Great job. Maybe you should make a large pipe one day. :lol:
I totally agree with you on the rustication. I think the majority vote would say this style is more what it's "supposed" to look like. I'll probably do versions of both.

Yeah, someday when I can afford bigger blocks I might just make a bigger pipe or two. Right now I'm getting every last ounce of wood I can out of the little blocks I have. I end up cutting so little off. On the other hand, there's just something I like about a small pipe.

Thanks for the compliments.

Brian.
Growley

Post by Growley »

JMG wrote:This is right up my alley. I think some might say something about it looking like there is a small reverse taper...but I like it if that's so.
Yes, you're seeing it right. I wanted a little bit of flair going to the stem. I had a hard time giving this one away. I really liked the way it turned out.

Thanks for the compliments.

Brian.
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Very nice, Brian.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com