'stello 55

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
andrew

'stello 55

Post by andrew »

well, I haven't posted a pipe in a while. Not for lack of making/selling pipes. Just too busy. Here is a '55 that I just finished. Let me know what you think. I wish I would have put more of a curve in the bottom line, that's probably the thing that gets me the most. The bowl is 1" diam with some thick walls, at least 3/8". She's not dainty.

The 55 shape has a new cult follower... yes that would be me. Darn shape hooked me before I knew what was happening. Oh well, worse things could happen. To all of you going to Chicago, smoke more tobacco than you think you should and bring me back something pretty :D (or at least some good pics that those of us not in attendance can enjoy).

Hudson

Re: 'stello 55

Post by Hudson »

Handsome, that's a pipe for a real man. For those newbies like me, here's a a little more info: http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/c ... t_ID=96806 I think "bold-heeled" is an understatement.

I see what you mean about the curve, it seems to make it appear a bit lighter but it's still a serious chunk of briar.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Creativity is the residue of time wasted."

Albert Einstein, famous pipe smoker