Most recent work

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
LAH

Most recent work

Post by LAH »

Here's a Canadian I had finished a couple weeks ago. The bottom wall of the chamber is a little too thin for my liking. So next time I make a canadian I believe I will put a slight angle on the draught hole.

Next is a bent Egg I had finished a couple weeks ago.

Finally is a Canted Dublin that I finished up last night. Something seems a little off to me with it, I'm thinking that maybe the stem could be a tad longer.

As always would like to hear your thoughts.

Abe
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Re: Most recent work

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

A great group of pipes Abe! Do you have a website set up yet? If not, I think its time to do so. I agree with your thoughts on the dublin. To me it seems like the stem, shank, and bowl are nicely shaped and finished, but they don't work together as a pipe if that makes sense. If you look at the stem and shank while covering the bowl you can imagine that what comes next is a shorter more canted rhodesian bowl. Looking at the bowl without the stem and shank I imagine a long straight taper. Not that what you have done is bad, as i have said before when you get the the skill level you are at everything is just opinion anyway.
LAH

Post by LAH »

Thanks. No website up yet. I'd like to but I'm rather computer illiterate and that has slowed the process down. I think I'll go back to the drawing board for the next time I give the shape a try, try to make a more balanced.

Abe
JMG

Post by JMG »

Abe, very nice lines on the egg. Well done.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
Growley

Post by Growley »

Great work LAH. I'm not sure I can offer any critique on any of them. They all have nice lines. I especially like the 2nd. Great work.

Brian.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

The bent egg looks darn near perfect to me. The dublin might benefit from a little less shank and a bulkier ferrule in place of the band. Not that I know what a traditional dublin should look like but that's what my eye suggests.

Beautiful work in any case.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Creativity is the residue of time wasted."

Albert Einstein, famous pipe smoker
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Lovin' that bent egg. Nice work!
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
EBK

Post by EBK »

That egg has great lines!

I do prefer the color schemes on the other two though. Just my opinion but the brown finish on the egg would have been beter served with a black stem. Then again, my wife yells at me for wearing a black jacket with brown shoes!

Great work!
LAH

Post by LAH »

Thanks guys!

EBK,
I had to mix it up a bit, nobody wants to see three red pipes. :D