Nosewarmer Practice

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
bandkbrooks

Nosewarmer Practice

Post by bandkbrooks »

The hand cut stem (practice practice practice) was supposed to be longer. I screwed it up. TA-DA! Nosewarmer. This is also a bowl I completely screwed up by drilling the air hole all the way through the front. IT WILL NOT BE SOLD as I filled the hole and made a nice little pipe for myself.

Brandon Brooks

"The voices in my head won't let me have any imaginary friends"
Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks Pipes
http://www.brandon-brooks.com
Growley

Re: Nosewarmer Practice

Post by Growley »

Nosewarmer..... THIS is a nosewarmer!

Seriously though, too bad about the drilling though. It's a decent little pipe.
bandkbrooks

Post by bandkbrooks »

I didn't know you were now making pipes for Lilliputians. That's a very specific market!

Thank you. It was frustrating and fun. It gave me some good practice for the stem.
Brandon Brooks

"The voices in my head won't let me have any imaginary friends"
Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks Pipes
http://www.brandon-brooks.com
JonBood

Post by JonBood »

Haha, I had the same problem while doing my first handcut stem a couple of months ago. Two minor mistakes while turning the tenon and voila; a nosewarmer=)
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Brandon, I actually really like the look of that pipe. To bad about the drilling, though.

Brian, I get to see the "Behemoth" you made in action on a regular basis as the guy who bought it is a friend and former employee of mine. He is also about 5' tall. Durn lil pipe only fits a pinch of shag. Three minutes and the bowl is done!
Growley

Post by Growley »

Ocelot55 wrote: Brian, I get to see the "Behemoth" you made in action on a regular basis as the guy who bought it is a friend and former employee of mine. He is also about 5' tall. Durn lil pipe only fits a pinch of shag. Three minutes and the bowl is done!
I can't believe I made that :lol: Moreover, I can't believe he smokes it! I wasn't even opening pipes up back then. I can't image that it smokes very well.