Devil Anse 2.0

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
oklahoma red

Devil Anse 2.0

Post by oklahoma red »

Here is my latest take on the Devil Anse pipe. I had several people wanting these but I work from my garage with no A/C and the temps here in Okieland got so bad I had to shut down. 115 degrees is a bit much. Things have moderated weather-wise and this is one that I had to abandon earlier. Alternating working on this and my re-build on the Logan lathe.
I've been experimenting a lot on the stem/button for this pipe. I've yet to see a clear, definitive picture of the end of the stem on the movie pipe. The first one I made I left round on the end. I tried various other styles and settled on a small fairly conventional button. The end of the stem is supposed to be clenched in one's molars. Trial and error determined that some sort of flat is a must to keep the pipe from rolling sideways if you lighten up on your bite (or you'd better have a hell of a lip lock on the stem).
The stummel is a nice piece of cross -cut from Mimmo and the stem is ebonite. Finish is medium-red mahogany over black. Overall length is 6.15", bowl interior diameter is .86" at the top and tapers to meet the airway. The stem is slender, .38" at the joint.
As always, all comments are welcome to help me improve.
Chas.

Growley

Re: Devil Anse 2.0

Post by Growley »

Pretty stain.