I Have a Web Site!

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
RadDavis

I Have a Web Site!

Post by RadDavis »

I am pleased to annnounce the launch of Rad Davis Hand Made Pipes! It has
been a while in coming, but it is finally here!

http://www.raddavispipes.com/

Rad
Todd_Pytel

Post by Todd_Pytel »

Nice pipes, and nice, simple overall site design. It's painless to get from the front page to the pipes for sale, which is the important thing. I also appreciate the multiple extra pictures available for each piece.

What's not so good, however, is that the actual product pages don't render properly for me in Firefox. The viewing area created isn't even big enough to display a single side-by-side pair of pipe listings. This makes it very difficult to browse, and I'm assuming that it's not what was intended. It could be that I'm using a slightly older version of Firefox - I can check that out tomorrow when I get to work.
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Hi Todd,

You're the second person to say that about using firefox. I use IE and I get 2 full columns of pipes per page with room to spare on both sides. All info is visible usually for at least 3 pipes at a time. I'll find out if that can be fixed for Firefox & Mozilla

I have to scroll vertically, but I don't find that objectionable. I do find horizontal scrolling a pain.

Random,

I don't know if you let the entire page load or what , but that window holds 10 pipes in two columns of 5. The initial window is small with scroll bars side and bottom, but they disappear after the page loads.

Let me know if you have the same problem again.

Thanks for the input, guys,

Rad
jeff

Post by jeff »

Rad,

I agree with the above comments. It is indeed a great improvement over the old site. This one is very attractive and easy to navigate. I also agree with the comments concerning Firefox. Although I have never attempted it, I have heard that there is a way to work with Firefox's settings to tell it to communicate to the site that it is IE and that takes care of most problems (Microsoft likes to encode programs to only function properly when they are rendered using IE). But, that's all hearsay. In all, a wonderful site and the pipes keep looking better and better and better. Keep it up and I hope that the site brings you tons of business.

Jeff
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Thanks, Jeff!

I'll talk to my IT department tomorrow :lol: , and see if we can't get this Firefox/Mozilla problem straightened out.

I appreciate the feedback! :D

Rad
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Very nice Rad!