New one from Cooper Pipes CP-27

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
CACooper

New one from Cooper Pipes CP-27

Post by CACooper »

Greetings all,

This one languished on the bench for several months. Finally finished it.

The "horn" trim is a new acrylic rod from PME. It's kind of soft compared to lucite, but is a fair representation of the real thing.

No, and I'm NOT dedicating it to anyone. :wink:

CACooper
Cooper Pipes
http://www.PipeandPouch.com
PhilipMarc

Re: New one from Cooper Pipes CP-27

Post by PhilipMarc »

I can't believe nobody commented on this. That's a great looking pipe, man! You did a good job shaping the bowl. The only thing I'm not thrilled with is the stain color. Even so I'd be glad to have a pipe like this on my shelf. :thumbsup:
www.ThePipeGuys.com • Philip Marc • Pipemaker • New Jersey
CACooper

Post by CACooper »

Thanks for your comments! Yeah, the photo came out a little too red. It's actually quite a bit darker. Still red, though.

The lack of comments may be the result of my chiming in on the "Che" dedicated pipe on another thread. A snub? I dunno. I hope not. :(
The last thing I want to do is tick anyone off here. I lurk most of the time and post occasionally. I value the info I learn on this forum and would like to feel welcome. I apologize if I ruffled any feathers.

Thanks again.

CACooper
Cooper Pipes
the rev

Post by the rev »

didn't ruffle my feathers

I don't post a lot on these as I am so newb that I don't feel qualified to offer much. I think it is a cool pipe, and I love the bone extension

rev
"but rev, isn't smoking a sin?"

well I suppose if one were to smoke to excess it would be a sin

"but what would be smoking to excess?"

Why smoking two pipes at once of course
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

CACooper wrote:Thanks for your comments! Yeah, the photo came out a little too red. It's actually quite a bit darker. Still red, though.

The lack of comments may be the result of my chiming in on the "Che" dedicated pipe on another thread. A snub? I dunno. I hope not. :(
The last thing I want to do is tick anyone off here. I lurk most of the time and post occasionally. I value the info I learn on this forum and would like to feel welcome. I apologize if I ruffled any feathers.

Thanks again.

CACooper
Cooper Pipes
Can't imagine that. And it is a great looking pipe. I completely understand the "languish" part as well, have several in that mode right now!
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

I think it just got buried. I remember looking at it once and then never seeing it towards the top again, so I got distracted and just never searched it out.

It is a great looking pipe, though. Nice lines, nice finish, stem looks good, and I like the extension you used. Overall, a very nice pipe. I hope someone snapped it up and is enjoying it!
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
taharris

Post by taharris »

I like it too. :)

Todd
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Sometimes no comments are the critique. I could mean (and this is open to interpretation) that it's a nice looking pipe. You've avoided all the obvious mistakes, but it doesn't have that "wow" factor.

IMHO, I like it. A lot. Especially for a freehand.