ANOTHER J. Alan Pipes Site Update

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
jeff

ANOTHER J. Alan Pipes Site Update

Post by jeff »

Hey all,

I just had my site updated with some new pipes. It has a new html-based design (there's a little flash left, to warn those who use dial-up providers) that will load faster. The update is nearly complete, but it is fully functional at this point.

Thanks for looking

Jeff
Last edited by jeff on Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

I saw that earlier today and was going to mention something. They all look good and I really like the little flash intro jobber with the pipe smoking J... really cool.
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Great looking site, Jeff!

I want to make a blowfish so bad, and yours looks fantastic!

All the blocks I've got are mini plateaux, and I'm not ready to handle a little bitty blowfish at this point.

Great work!

Rad
Last edited by RadDavis on Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

As I've told you before... incredibly elegant! My hats off to Pancho!
marks

Post by marks »

Wow! Very nice. You've been a busy young man.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Nice looking site, and gorgeous pipes bud. That blowfish is top notch. It looks like a Bang. Soooooo, do you offer a Tyler Lane board discount??

Just kidding. I'm broke now anyway.
jeff

Post by jeff »

Nick wrote:Nice looking site, and gorgeous pipes bud. That blowfish is top notch. It looks like a Bang. Soooooo, do you offer a Tyler Lane board discount??

Just kidding. I'm broke now anyway.
Sure, free shipping and I include both the stem and stummel!

:wink:

JG

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Nick

Post by Nick »

Now thats benefits of membership!
flea1

Post by flea1 »

very nice site and by the way i really like your "egg lovat"...very nice! some day i hope to be that good.
jeff

Post by jeff »

WHAAA?! Another update? Doesn't this guy do anything else?

It's that time again! 8O One more batch of brand spankin' new pipes :pipe: were just added to the website. One is in the past work section because I am smoking it right now! I really lucked out with some of the briar and ended up with a truly amazingly grained volcano. It's GGGRRREEAT!! :thumb: You'll also find my first shot at an elephant's foot that uses a new rustication method that I've been working on.

And now, for the first time ever, you may see a picture of (cue: drumroll) ME! For your viewing pleasure :lol: I've just added a photo of myself to the site smoking my beautiful new volcano.

I'm excited to finish up this batch of pipes. I think there were some great pieces and I'm happy to be able to offer them. Another reason I'm happy to post them is that it means that I can start some other shapes. Some of these have been sitting on the bench in various states of completion for up to 6 months, so it's certainly nice to see them finished.

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts, opinions, musings, ramblings, random or tangential comments, etc. Thanks for looking!

Jeff
jeff

Post by jeff »

Bummer, Random. Perhaps enabling ActiveX would convert the black page to the rainbow of colors that is my site. :wink:

JG
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

My only comment is about the picture...

"Cut your hair, you hippy!!!"

:p

Ok and the new pipes are nice too :)
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Jeff,

Those are some nice looking pieces. I love the rustication on the Elephant's foot.

Great pipes!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
Nick

Post by Nick »

Nice looking pipe buddy!
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

random wrote:
jeff wrote:Bummer, Random. Perhaps enabling ActiveX would convert the black page to the rainbow of colors that is my site. :wink:

JG
Bummer, Jeff. Perhaps getting rid of the cutesy garbage like shockwave and activex would get more people to look at your site. Of course it's your site and how you set it up is your choice.

I'm just paranoid, spending several decades writing fairly heavy-duty software taught me nothing about security holes, and having my firewall report 20-50 attempts a day by hackers trying to get onto my system back when I was posting in some investment groups was just a hallucination. On the other hand, if you ever want an activex control that idiots can download to make pretty pictures (and as a side effect will give you total control over their system to the point where they'll need to ask your permission to run freakin notepad) let me know and we'll discuss price. It would be very expensive because I would have to re-learn a bunch of windoze internals crap and sacrifice my personal ethics, but shopping around a little would probably turn up quite a few people who would have no ethical qualms and think it was a cool thing to do.

I've heard you're making nice pipes. We've talked enough offline for me to know that you're looking in the right places and collecting the right techniques. Rock on dude, I'm wishing you the best of things in your craft.

Your website still sucks though, and I'm tired of trying to look.

Why be so ugly Random? The guy just has a site with some nice pipes on it? :think:
jeff

Post by jeff »

random wrote:
jeff wrote:Bummer, Random. Perhaps enabling ActiveX would convert the black page to the rainbow of colors that is my site. :wink:

JG
Bummer, Jeff. Perhaps getting rid of the cutesy garbage like shockwave and activex would get more people to look at your site. Of course it's your site and how you set it up is your choice.

I'm just paranoid, spending several decades writing fairly heavy-duty software taught me nothing about security holes, and having my firewall report 20-50 attempts a day by hackers trying to get onto my system back when I was posting in some investment groups was just a hallucination. On the other hand, if you ever want an activex control that idiots can download to make pretty pictures (and as a side effect will give you total control over their system to the point where they'll need to ask your permission to run freakin notepad) let me know and we'll discuss price. It would be very expensive because I would have to re-learn a bunch of windoze internals crap and sacrifice my personal ethics, but shopping around a little would probably turn up quite a few people who would have no ethical qualms and think it was a cool thing to do.

I've heard you're making nice pipes. We've talked enough offline for me to know that you're looking in the right places and collecting the right techniques. Rock on dude, I'm wishing you the best of things in your craft.

Your website still sucks though, and I'm tired of trying to look.
8O

:dunno:

I love you, Random :angel: