Smooth Sharp Billiard

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
brurobas

Smooth Sharp Billiard

Post by brurobas »

Good afternoon,

Here is a pipe i finished today.

Italian Briar. Light Brown and Acrylic Brown Amber Stem.

Unfortunately the pictures show a red / orange tone when it is actually pretty brown.

I didn't make the bowl taper 1/3 from the top because i really like these sharp forms...

Lenght - 145 mms / 5.70''
Height - 50 mms / 1.97''
Chamber Diameter - 22 mms / 0.87''
Chamber Height - 41 mms / 1.61''
Weight - 45 grams

Please let me know what you think.

Regards!

Bruno
The Smoking Yeti

Re: Smooth Sharp Billiard

Post by The Smoking Yeti »

Shank transition seems good, is that a pre-fab stem you're using?

I think the two things I see, are:
-The back cheeks on this pipe need a bit more definition. A round file does the job admirably.
-The bowl walls are very straight, it is my understanding that billiards have a bit of curve to them. By a bit, I mean just a smidgen. A gentle arc.

Overall good work! Keep it up!

Two thoughts as to the color not looking right:
-Is your color temperature off? Check and see what kind of light bulb you're lighting with, and what your camera color temperature is set to.
-Consider shooting in natural light, and matching the color temperature to the outdoor lighting. Outdoor light is easier to work with than indoor.

For me personally, I shoot my photos in a light box, and I have dialed in the proper color temperature for the box, so I don't have to change anything when I take my photos.

Cheers!

Yeti
My pipemaking stream of conscience/ website:

http://yetipipe.tumblr.com/