Massis - Barking Tiger

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Massis

Massis - Barking Tiger

Post by Massis »

Finished this one today. Had most of the work done before I cleared out my shop, but still had to finish it.

The stummel had too many flaws, so I decided to rusticate, in a slightly different way than usual.
The wood is Jaume Hom's bruyere, both the tiger & black acrylic rods come from Janzen. His "tiger" acrylic is amazing stuff!

I had a really hard time getting the stem even to the eye, but in the end I think it turned out quite ok.

scotties22

Re: Massis - Barking Tiger

Post by scotties22 »

I really like the rustication on this one. The tiger acrylic really plays well between the stem and stummel.

How is Jaume Hom's Briar? I have been looking at his website and am thinking about putting together a small order.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
Literaryworkshop

Post by Literaryworkshop »

Oh yeah, that rustication is really nice. Very distinctive.

I'm also a big fan of the outdoor photographs.
- Steve S.
Massis

Post by Massis »

scotties22 wrote:I really like the rustication on this one. The tiger acrylic really plays well between the stem and stummel.

How is Jaume Hom's Briar? I have been looking at his website and am thinking about putting together a small order.
These blocks are his cheapest ebauchons, so there's quite a few of them with some minor flaws in them, but I haven't had to toss any out so far. Grain isn't spectacular but they smoke really well. As far as I've heard, his top quality blocks are really good.
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Good to know. He has a few lots of Extra Extra Plateaux that are looking pretty tempting right about now.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Very creative,cheap blocks you say? I like it very much.
Massis

Post by Massis »

Small update, this one has been sold :clap: :clap:

Am I the only one that always gets a bit sad when a nice (in my opinion at least) pipe leaves the shop off to a new owner?